Saturday, March 03, 2007

#5 done...plus a fun knitting morning

Well, here's hat number five. 35 more to go. I took most of this week off from knitting, due to some work problems, but now I'm back in the game. :) This hat was done using Caron Simply Soft Brites! (I have fallen in love with the softness of this yarn--didn't think acrylic could be that soft!!!!) in Berry Blue (2609). We'll see if I can catch up and get all 40 hats done by Easter.

This morning was a fun knitting morning for me. I met another knitting momma out at Panera and we spent a little over an hour chatting and knitting (and eating--LOVE the food there!!). I learned that I am casting on and knitting way too tight, so hopefully I can correct that and it'll help me speed up my knitting a bit. She also showed me how to knit continental (at least I hope that was the right way--the one where you don't "throw" the yarn), so I'm going to start practicing with that. Plus, loaned me some circular needles so I can work on a hat for Dalton, and we'll see how I do with that. All I can say is she is awesome!! :) We're going to start making this a monthly (or so) get-together.

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

Beautiful hats (followed you here from the pin!)

If you find that you can't adjust your tension and loosen up try adjusting by going up a needle size, sometimes that is easier!