Monday, April 16, 2007

Facecloth done, KnitPicks needles here, Bucket Hat started



I can be so horrible at remembering to update, but sometimes (well, most times) life with a two-year old can do that to you. :) Here's the facecloth I made last week and never got around to uploading. I did this on size 5 bamboo needles, which wasn't the best choice--the yarn was way too grabby for the bamboo, and I should have used size 10, according to the skein information. Oh well, it made for a very cushy facecloth. I used the Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth pattern. I used Sensations Bellezza Collection Smania yarn in the Smania Pastel Multi color (I got it on clearance for either $.25 or $.75 at JoAnns). If you have never seen the yarn before, it's a cotton yarn with a nylon netting over it. I might make a bath puff to go with this, and I'm still debating on whether or not I should thread some pretty yarn around the edge.

In other news, I ordered my KnitPicks options needle set on Saturday, and it arrived on Thursday. I am in love!! The only thing I would have liked better is if they had a 16" cord, since that's the size I need to use right now for the bucket hat I'm starting. Oh well. Maybe they'll make one soon, and I'll order it.

Tonight (hopefully) I'm starting the Bucket hat from Little Turtle Knits. I'm in the process of knitting up the swatch to check my gauge (something I've never really worried about before). I still need to make a few more stitch markers to use too, since the pattern calls for nine stitch markers. I have most of them done, and I'll post a pic of them a little later on.

That's all for now. Trying to entertain a two-year old while making dinner. Life sure is interesting around here sometimes. :)

No comments: