Saturday, April 21, 2007

LTK Bucket Hat DONE!! :)



Yay!! My first real project is done!!! I casted on Wednesday, and finished it today (Saturday). This is the Little Turtle Knits bucket hat. It was my first project knit in the round, and I don't think I did too bad on it. I used Peaches & Creme yarn on it in the Baby Green color. I had this color saved for another project, but decided to use it on the hat (it was the only solid color of P&C yarn I had), but then I was worried that I would have to buy more of it (only had one ball) and I could not find it anywhere! I finally did find it in like the 10th store I looked in, and I bought two more balls, only to find out I didn't need any more (oops...oh well).


I met up with Tammy out at Panera this morning to learn how to magic loop the top of the hat. Very interesting process, and very easy once you get the hang of it. It sure was easier than using double-pointed needles (which I've never been able to get the hang of). Oh the knitting doors have opened and I am being sucked in full-force. :) And I have Tammy to thank for it (such an enabler, but I'm not complaining any...hee hee).


I washed the hat today and have it blocking over a bowl...hopefully it turns out ok. It does look like it shrunk a bit, but it should still fit Dalton perfectly. I can't end this post without posting a pic of my wonderful baby. :) Isn't he just a cutie??
Off to pick out what project I want to start next. I have it narrowed down to a few, just have to make up my mind. I did get some yummy Patons Mosaic yarn today, so I think I'll make something with it (just couldn't pass it up). So many choices, only two hands to knit with...sigh...hee hee

No comments: