Sunday, May 06, 2007

Belt is done!!

I finished my belt yesterday morning, but forgot to take a picture before putting it on. Silly me forgot that the yarn was stretchy, and it ended up waaaayyyyyy too big, but that's ok. I still like it, and I think I'm going to make a purse to match it. I loved knitting with this yarn! It's Patons Mosaic in Mexican Tile. So soft and fluffy to work with.

I didn't use a pattern for this. I just CO 6 stitches and worked in garter stitch until it was the length I wanted, then did a few decrease rows where I K2tog once in each row, with a normal knit row in between the decrease rows, until I had only 3 stitches left on the needle. I BO and weaved in the ends and added the clasps. I'm going to try again with a less stretchy yarn, or maybe try making a felted belt.

Yesterday I got together with my knitting buddies again out at Panera. Nothing like good friends, good food, and good knitting on a Saturday morning. I've decided I need to start a complicated project so when people stop at our table and ask what we're making, my project doesn't look dull compared to their shorties/longies/soakers/whatever else. :)

On the needles right now I have a project for my parents, but I doubt it'll get completed before they leave for their trip out west in a WEEK. Oh well...I'll have the whole month they're gone to finish it up. Since I don't know if Mom actaully looks here, and she says she has "already forgotten" what I'm making, I won't say what it is. I will show a little piece though. I've learned a new technique--picking up stitches. This is made with the dyed yarn I made a few weeks ago. I wasn't going to have enough to finish it, so I am adding in a different yarn. The picture you see here...well, I had to frog off the purple because I missed a stitch and it looks bad, but this is what it will look like again sometime soon. :)


1 comment:

fuquinay said...

Did you ever make a felted belt? I am thinking of doing that right now. E-mail me, will you?